The website uses cookies to allow us to better understand how the site is used. By continuing to use this site, you consent to this policy. Click to learn more. 
Home » Layaway Plan

Layaway Plan

How | T&Cs | Returns

Paying off something you want is a fantastic way to shop!

Layaway or Layby is ideal if you are on a budget.  It may not be as popular since the availability of credit cards, but with a FlashOpal Genuine Gem Jewelry Layaway plan, there are no Layaway fees or interest charges.

Excellent customer service is always a priority and it is no different with a Layaway plan.

If there is anything you need help with such as different terms, Email for assistance and the best will be done to assist you. 

Steps to purchase your Layaway / Layby

  • Add your item/s to your shopping cart.
  • Go to checkout.
  • Under the Order Summary you will see Redeem a discount coupon.   Enter the word - Layaway - in the Redemption Code box.
  • Under Customer Notes, enter your preference for the balance of your payments i.e. weekly, fortnightly or monthly
  • Submit your order.
  • Your order confirmation page will show a 70% discount which leaves the 30% deposit.
  • Confirm your order.
  • Make your secure payment through PayPal.

You will receive a confirmation email from PayPal.  Please print or keep this email for your reference. 

You will receive a confirmation email from FlashOpal Genuine Gem Jewelry of your order and a follow up email detailing your layaway for your reference.  When your next payment is due, you will receive a PayPal money request to pay at your earliest convenience.

Please read our Layaway terms and conditions below and don't hesitate to Email for any assistance or advice.

All emails are answered promptly and aim for the highest of customer service. 

Basic Terms


A minimum shopping cart order of $250 is required and a 30% deposit to be paid with the balance payable within 8 weeks.

Installments can be made weekly or fortnightly.

The purchase price is fixed during your layaway / lay-by term.

There are no set up fees or interest charges on your purchase.

Your purchase will be held in our safe until all monies paid.

Your purchase will be shipped within 1 business day only after the final balance has been received and cleared.  This does not apply to re sizing of rings.

Re sizing of any rings will not be done until full payment has been received.

Layaway is not available with Custom orders.

Please take into consideration the shipping time if purchasing for a special occasion.

Defaulting or Canceling

Please make contact by Email as soon as possible if you have difficulty in making your timely payments and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

If no contact is made within 14 days of a payment due date, your layaway plan will be deemed as cancelled and the cancellation terms will be applicable. 

Balance of monies, if any, will be paid to you via PayPal within 48 hours of the 7 day overdue date.

You may cancel at any time however your 10% of your deposit and any installments made will be retained. 



The Return Policy is applicable to Layaway however there will be a fee of 15% of the total purchase price not including shipping.

In the unlikely event that your item has been damaged in transit, please Email immediately with a photo of your damaged item.

© 2008-2019, FlashOpal Genuine Gem Jewelry, All Rights Reserved.